Barkyn delivers health and happiness to pet families around the world. Currently specialised in dogs and growing every month, we provide plans that include dog food and a dedicated online veterinarian.
We are an ambitious, forward thinking startup on a big mission! We’re not only changing the pet market, we’re also reshaping the way the e-commerce experience should feel - human, personalized, seamless & beautiful. We were also considered one of Europe’s Top 100 Startups by Wired recently!
We're creating a loved brand in Europe and this is where your story begins!
THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE
As Barkyn's Controller, we expect you to:
- Organize and coordinate Barkyn's financial reporting (Actuals, Forecasts, Budget)
- Ensure that processes, systems and financial reports are aligned with top management reporting needs
- Deliver accurate analysis and assessment of financial data to provide insightful information and ensure effective decision making
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to provide current business performance analysis and future view (guidance, forecasts and plans);
- Prepare and consolidate various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests
- Prepare and validate the financial results / KPI’s dashboard / forecasts / Targets / Cash Flow covering all performance indicators, combining a business approach with a technical financial review for internal management and external communication
- Degree in Business, Management or similar
- +5 years of experience in a business/financial controller role
- Experience at a B2C company
- Robust financial analysis skills, with an aptitude for financial modelling
- Strong appetite for Processes and Systems is a must
- Advanced Excel skills
Brownie points for:
- Experience at a company with inventory
- Experience with capital/bank instruments
- Strong planning skills
- Past audit experience