Senior Frontend Developer
Barkyn delivers health and happiness to pet families around the world. Currently specialised in dogs and growing every month, we provide plans that include dog food and a dedicated online veterinarian.
We are an ambitious, forward thinking startup on a big mission! We’re not only changing the pet market, we’re also reshaping the way the e-commerce experience should feel - human, personalized, seamless & beautiful. We were also considered one of Europe’s Top 100 Startups by Wired recently!
We're creating a loved brand in Europe and this is where your story begins!
THE FRONTEND DEVELOPER ROLE
As Barkyn's Frontend Developer, you will build product features strategically linked to customer increase, retention and satisfaction. You will also maintain our frontend applications, as well as contribute to the seamless execution of our tech roadmap.
Specifically, we expect you to:
- Develop web-scale applications delivering features for our marketplace
- Develop software applications for an e-commerce growing company
- Stay up to speed with frontend technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns
- Have knowledge about performance, resilience and security
- Have an understanding of the full development lifecycle with an emphasis on software quality processes
- Work in an Agile environment, focusing on delivery/commitment and continuous improvement
- Experienced with libraries or frameworks such as Vue, React, Redux, NextJS (NextJS preferred)
- Experienced with CSS-in-JS libraries;
- Experienced in working with Scrum or Kanban methodologies is a plus;
- An excellent team worker and with communication skills;
- Skilled in problem-solving and with a proactive attitude;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Brownie points for:
- Experience in a startup or B2C company
- Be a dog owner